Introduction to Narrative Medicine (online course)
Free taster course - explore the use of creativity in medicine (1 hour+)
This free course gives you a taste of the ways in which arts can be used to enhance your medical practice.
In this course, we will cover:
- What is narrative medicine?
- What are the benefits of narrative medicine?
- An art-based observational task
- A creative or reflective writing exercise
- Advice on how to incorporate arts into your professional development
- A downloadable worksheet to help you plan your future learning
After completion of the module, you will receive a certificate for one hour of CPD.
Lucy is a General Practitioner and narrative medicine tutor.
She holds an MA in creative writing and was awarded Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy for her work at Manchester University.